It’s Stressful Out There!
Event planning often requires juggling multiple tasks and deadlines, and staying organized and on schedule can be a major challenge. Event planning has been listed among the top 10 most stressful jobs across the world almost every year in the last decade. According to a study by the World Scholarship Vault, event planner stress levels are hitting a new high — the third-most stressful job in the world for 2023.
Incorporating event planning technology can have a positive impact on attendee engagement, satisfaction, and overall event success. When it comes to organizing events, it's crucial to have a clear understanding of your goals and budget to ensure maximum event ROI.
- Define Your Event Goals: The first step in maximizing your ROI is to define your event goals. This could include increasing brand awareness, generating leads, or increasing sales. By understanding your objectives, you can tailor your event to meet those goals and measure success accordingly.
- Determine Your Budget: Once you've defined your goals, it's important to determine your budget. This will help you allocate resources effectively and ensure you're getting the best return on investment possible.
- Identify Your Timeline: Next, identify your timeline for the event. This will help you plan effectively and ensure you have ample time to implement all the necessary steps for a successful event.
- Evaluate the User Experience: The user experience is critical to the success of any event. To ensure a positive experience, it's important to evaluate all aspects of the event, from registration to post-event follow-up.
- Analyze the Data Capabilities: Data is a powerful tool that can help you measure success and make informed decisions. Analyze your data capabilities to determine what data you need to collect and how you'll use it to measure event success.
- Assess the Integrations: Technology integrations are critical to ensuring a smooth event experience for both attendees and organizers. Assess your integrations to ensure everything is working seamlessly and effectively.
- Consider the Customer Support: Customer support is important for any event, as attendees may have questions or concerns that need to be addressed promptly. Consider your customer support options and ensure you have a plan in place to handle any issues that may arise.
- Check the Security Features: Finally, it's important to check the security features of your event to ensure attendee data is protected. This includes securing payment processing, ensuring data encryption, and implementing other security measures as needed.
With these steps in mind, you'll be well on your way to organizing a successful event that achieves your objectives and delivers a strong event ROI.
BONUS: Let’s Talk Trade Shows
Organizing a trade show can be an arduous and time-consuming task, requiring attention to detail and a high level of organization. One of the most challenging aspects of trade show management is managing exhibitor information, including booth assignments, floor maps, and marketing materials. This can be a particularly daunting task if you’re still using manual methods for managing this information. Fortunately, technology has evolved to make trade show management a lot easier and more efficient. That’s where Map D comes in!
Investing in Map D trade show floor mapping software can save you a great deal of time and money. By automating many of the administrative tasks involved in managing exhibitor information, you can reduce manual entry and increase trade show efficiency.
The right event tech can…
- increase event attendance by 20%
- increase productivity by 27%
- and decrease costs by 20-30%.
Vanessa LaClair, CAE, CMP
VP Event Solutions & Community Engagement
Map D: Nextech Event Solutions
Having been involved in association management and volunteer leadership for more than 20 years, Vanessa LaClair is a leader in the association space, bringing deep domain and industry knowledge as a CAE (Certified Association Executive) and CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) and most recently serving as the Executive Director of the Empire State Society of Association Executives (ESSAE). At Map D, Vanessa is focused on event solutions and community engagement, expanding our current market reach through training and development, building strategic partnerships and customer success initiatives.